Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins


My sister and I had a hinkering for some yummy pumpkin muffins the other day, so we searched the web and pinterest for a recipe. We ended finding a recipe (from I seriously wish I remember where to get more!) luckily I scratched it down quickly because I was annoyed with reading it off of a tiny iPhone screen. Here it is with a few tweaks! The first batch was a little like rocks (thumbs down) if you make these, please stick exactly to the recipe and you'll get light fluffy muffins!

Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 1/2   Cups White Sugar
1/2      Cups Vegetable Oil
4         Eggs
1 1/2   Cups Canned Pumpkin
1/2      Cup Water
3         Cups Flour
1 1/2   tsp. baking Powder
1         tsp. Baking Soda
1/2      tsp. Ground Cloves
1         tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1         tsp. Ground Ginger (or fresh grated if you have it)
1/2      tsp. salt
1/2      tsp. Ground Nutmeg (I omitted this as I just wanted the ginger cinnamon flavors)
1         Cup Chocolate Chips

- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture, mix until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips
- Fill greased muffin tins (we used cupcake wrappers in a giant muffin tin)
- Bake in the middle of your oven @ 400 for 20 - 25 minutes
- We got 12 giant muffins from one batch...so naturally we made another batch! :)

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment