Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Make Your Own Patterned Paper

Because it's already fall {um, where did summer go anyways?} and chilly here I wanted to revisit some of the sunny summer memories that I documented. I just realized how many never made it to the blog when I was organizing some of the layouts into albums.  I had full intentions of posting lots of fun scrappy goodness this summer but, well, summer goes fast and I could barely keep up! haha 

Here is a fun 8.5 x 11 page that I made {I love 8.5 x 11}. I find it easy and faster sometimes to scrapbook on this size. Plus, I can make my own patterned paper with my Canon Pixma printer which is truly one of my favourite tools. I love my printer!! And I'm by no means sponsored to say that haha! 


I so enjoyed all the water fun we had this summer which inspired me to make this layout. For the background paper I snapped a few photos of the water {and of Lexi in the water} on my iPhone. I'm reluctant to bring my big camera to the pool even though I love pool photos. The iPhone camera worked great for this though. I edited the photo in PicTapGo {my favourite editing app} to make it the colour it is. Then, I simply printed it from my phone to my printer! I use the canon print app: open the app, choose your photo, go into change settings, choose the size I want to print then go back to print. Make sure your paper is loaded in the correct tray {I used Leena White card stock from Studio Calico} then send it to the printer. I LOVE how it turned out! Since it turned out so well I made sure to take lots of photos of things I would want to see as a patterned paper throughout the summer so I can easily make my own paper with it. I've been printing my photos large format to use as the background of a page {12x12 and 8.5x11} for a long time but never actually thought about making a patterned paper with a photo for my own paper. I'm so excited about it! Especially with how great the printer quality is, it really does look like purchased patterned paper!






SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment