Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September Project Life Mini Album - the first few pages

I posted a little introduction to this project yesterday. Dropbox finally decided to cooperate so here are a few photos of the first few pages in my album. I hope it might give you some inspiration to document on a smaller more doable scale! If you have any questions about it please don't hesitate to ask me, I'll do my best to answer.


I used a Studio Calico 6 x 8 album that I had. I believe it's from the baby collection they released in 2015. I love the colours and the size. Blush pink and Gold. I think it's perfect for fall! 


I wanted to have a title page to showcase that it's an album for a specific month. I also wanted it to be simple. This new stamp arrived just in time from Studio Calico's August collection. I'm in live with it!!! It's so very Anna Rifle - 4x6 Stamp (called Lithograph) is designed by Tina of Life Love Paper. I used white card stock, gold embossed the stamp. Used a pop dot under the Hello circle and white alpha stickers. 


A closer look :) 


The album comes with several page protectors in different configurations. (If anyone has any extra of this style pleeeease send them my way hehe) I love smaller albums! I'm going to be completely honest though, I get so frustrated when a good thing disappears or changes. I think that's one of the big reasons why I don't document in this way as much anymore. I spend most of my time trying to find the right page protectors for the albums I'm working in. I vote a law is passed in the scrapbooking world that all albums and page protectors have to have to be able to work together haha! I'm joking, sort of. Wouldn't that make life so much easier!?


The first page is a simple 6x8 piece of white card stock. I hand cut LEXI out of some scrap papers on my desk that complimented the photo. Next I used a little glue to tack them down so that I could sew them on the paper without them moving. 
I added a little chipboard embellishment that I has leftover from an Ali Edwards kit. 


This side of the page has all the meat. Both cards are from a past Ali Edwards kit. I ran the "current little favourites" card through the typewriter. To do that, you need to tape the card onto a piece of printer paper. The bottom started to move around because I hadn't taped the bottom to cut time (so don't do that haha) it's a bit wonky but I'm totally ok with that. The "great little story" card is slipped in the pocket and the "EAT, PLAY, SLEEP" banner is stuck to the outside for texture. I use sookwang tape (it can be found HERE if you're in Canada, or HERE if your in the States). There are all sorts of different widths and even sheets of sookwang that can be found. It is my go to adhesive for almost everything! I love that stuff!! Back to the cards - I wanted to use the blue bordered  card to tell the story of these photos but it worked great here as a background for the pennant.


The next pages tell a story about how random our family photos ended up being. My sister and I had been trying to organize a day to trade doing each others family photos again this year. I wasn't convinced it would work this year with Lexi being in the thick of her terrible twos and not exactly being nice to her cousins. We lucked out and had gorgeous weather in a gorgeous park where we met up with my mom for the day in High River. I almost always bring my camera just in case and had mom take a few photos of us as a family and I chased around everyone for most of our time at the park since it was just to gorgeous not too. We were not in our sunday best but I'm so happy with how the photos tell a story of us and not posed, traditional family photos. It would have been nice if I had done my hair and if Rody wasn't wearing his lacrosse coaching coat but thats ok. I'm ok with that story too. :) 



I found my old fashion stapler in one of my office purges this spring and stapled a few journaling cards with the pretty copper staples. I think I may have sold the stapler in the garage sale? Now I wish I would have kept it! 
I used my Heidi Swapp date stamp on the card and on the other card (Ali Edwards card) I simply ran it through my typewriter.

 

I think these are my favourite photos from our day. They so capture my girls; Lexi's scowl face with her tiny grin. Milly giving her famous hugs and Lexi sneaking in there too. 
All the photos so far in the album were taken with my Olympus Camera and a 50mm lens. I couldn't say enough good things about this camera! It was a gift when we had Milly, so it's a little over 5 years old. It takes amazing photos and was great for me to learn on! Highly recommend it if you are looking for a small lsr camera. I think there are some newer editions out there now too. 
Not all the photos in this album will be "fancy", I like to include the everyday as well. 


I used a vintage tag and layered it with a cute tag from the newest Maggie Holmes Gather Collection
as well as that #remeberthis tag. I stuck that on the outside of the page protector for dimension and interest. 
The white journal cards are just cut from white card stock. I ran them through my typewriter. The floral card stock embellishment is from the same pack as the checkered tag. 


I'll be back with more pages next week! And something else fun for Halloween so please subscribe to my blog in the right hand side to automatically receive my little posts if you don't want to miss out :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment