Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Scrap a Sketch a Monthly Challenge #SAS - March 2017


Hi there, welcome to a new feature of Four Clover Designs – Scrap a Sketch Monthly Challenge #SAS #scrapasketchmonthlychallenge

In the past year or so I’ve really come to love all the fun sketch challenges I see on Instagram. They inspire me to get scrappin’ rather than spend hours figuring out a design. A sketch really helps me to get off the start line when I am feeling a bit stuck. They might serve the same purpose for you too. I am also passionate about spreading inspiration, it’s part of the reason I love this hobby so much! So if you are like me, I invite you to come back each month and get inspired with the sketch I post here.

To start, I like a variety of styles and designs ranging from a minimalist – clean and modern to more traditional. I also like to scrapbook with 8.5 x 11, 9x 12 and 12x12. Lately, I lean towards the 8.5x11 or 9x12, horizontal and vertical. I love the Becky Higgins 8.5x11 horizontal page protectors, so I have another fun option for my albums. I also make a good number of cards; they often inspire me to create a layout! Over the next months, I’ll introduce challenges that incorporate all the above in the challenges; there will be something for everyone!

Along with the sketch for this month, I invite you to challenge yourself by entering your creative space and using what you can easily see – no searching for the perfect paper or embellishment – just roll up your sleeves and start! Set a timer for 1 hr and see what you’ve created in that time; I think you’ll be amazed.

Your challenge for this first month is to use the 8.5 x 11 sketch provided and let your imagination go. From this sketch you could create a layout, any size, or a Project Life spread or even a card. Turn the sketch horizontal if you want. There are no rules just have fun! If you should want to post your creation to instagram please use the hashtags #SAS #scrapasketchmonthlychallenge so we can all see what everyone is creating and become even more inspired! I’ll pick a few creations each month that you have all shared and marked with the hashtags so that everyone can see what awesome things you are all coming up with.

Happy Scrappin’ - Meg

March’s sketch:


Here is the layout that I made this sketch from. For detailed shots of it scroll down in the post.


On top of the sketch challenge I have a supply challenge. You can choose to play along with it or just do the sketch challenge. My Monthly Challenge part is a supply challenge: Use only what is on top or underneath of your desk space (yes you read that right hehe I found some of my supplies under my desk for this layout! BINGO!).  I always have bits and bobs that I've left out from previous projects and I almost always end up making them into a layout or two. It's just so much easier than putting them away! Right? :)

So, go have some scrappy fun! Come back here and share a link to what you've created (either to your blog or your instagram) in the comments below so I can see what you've made! I'll be sharing some of the layouts you guys make on here as well as on my instagram account @fourcloverdesign

Happy Scrappin' friends!!!




Below is a shot of using the negative of my pop up dots. It makes for a sturdy piece to back a larger embellishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment